Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Yummy Grilled Cheese and Broccoli Cook Later Sandwiches

2 eggs
1/2 bag or so of broccoli and/or cauliflower 
Grated and or cubed cheese
(The pictured mix has grated cheddar, Parmesan and cubed Brie)


Put all contents into food processor and give it a good whirl.
Find a lid which is about the size of a slice of bread.

Line it with plastic wrap.

Now spoon a thin layer of the goop into the lid and use as a mold.

Shape it.

And fold plastic wrap around it.

This will make about 3 sandwich fillers.  There might be a little left over.

I go ahead and wrap the left-over bit because it is a nice extra
on a biscuit.

Somehow my pics got out of order even though I posted 
them sequentially.  I'm still learning this blog biz.

Slide wrapped sandwich stuffers into a zip bag and place
on a flat surface in the freezer.


When it is time to make your sandwiches, pull frozen
sandwich fixing from freezer and place between 2
slices of bread, butter both sides and grill.  I like to
put a little fresh rosemary from my garden on the bottom
slice.  This sandwich is very nice with chicken or tomato
soup.  


No comments:

Post a Comment